Adored for their charming shapes and colors, respected for their resilience and adaptability, and just plain fun to have around—succulents are the hottest home gardening trend today.
A Beginner's Guide to Succulent Gardening is a friendly guide to popular succulents, walking novices through all the basics, like:
- Choosing your succulents—from Hens and Chicks (Echeveria) to bristly flowering cactus varieties
- Mixing the right soils for your succulents and preparing the growing environment
- Easy potting and transplanting techniques
- Succulent care—including watering, fertilizing and providing the right amount of sun for each variety
- Understanding peak periods as well as seasonal traits and needs, so you can have a beautiful succulent garden year-round
This book contains all sorts of helpful tips on what to look for when buying a plant, how to troubleshoot when your succulent shows signs of distress, how to trim the leaves and stems, and how to start new plants from cuttings. Clear diagrams and at-a-glance fact sheets for each variety, as well as inspirational photos of attractively and happily-housed succulents, fill the pages of this book.
Now is the time to give succulents a try! Let A Beginner's Guide to Succulent Gardening
be your guide to get you started and grow your indoor garden one succulent at a time.